[mythtv-users] About to give up - Avermedia 771 - not sensitive enough for UK DVB?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Nov 2 18:35:22 UTC 2007

Paul Broadwith wrote:

> I've bought a new High Gain aerial, installed it and added a signal booster just in case. The DVB-box still picks the channels up fine. The MythTV box still doesn't.

Daft question, but it has to be asked - You've replaced the aerial, have you got
new cable? If you are using the original wiring, it may not have as good a
frequency response as digital signals expect.

I replaced my aerial setup a few months ago, the new cable is high-spec
satellite grade. Made a heck of a difference. Masthead amplifier as well (These
are not the same as a distribution amp).

I run three KWorld DVB-T 100 cards off a four-way diplexer from this aerial.
(Fourth way goes to a distribution amp and then round the house). Absolutely no
problems with signal strength. Your setup should work.

Have you checked dmesg and /var/log/messages to see that the drivers loaded OK?
might be something awry there.

Mike Perkins