[mythtv-users] Totally blank mythtv menu screens.

Noel Leistad - MythTV xmythtv at metc.net
Fri Nov 2 19:30:00 UTC 2007

Steve Grob wrote:
> Thanks Phil, for your suggestion.
>
> I issued the rpm command and then tried starting mythfrontend but the
> problem didn't change.
>
> I restarted mythbackend and that didn't help either.
>
> Just to make sure I rebooted but that didn't help either.
>
> I'm wondering if the chmod command messed something up.
>
> Steve

I had this problem for a time, a while back. THINK solution turned out
to be "mythfrontend --reset"

I know there was a RESET in there somewhere, pretty sure it was on the
frontend. I tried changing themes, fonts, X, etc. This did the trick.
General Google'ing for mythfrontend +reset doesn't come up with it, but
I know I read it from someone else, somewhere.