[mythtv-users] Air2pc HD5000 analog sdtv

Steve Berlo steveb at berlo.no-ip.info
Sat Nov 3 00:42:54 UTC 2007

    I just installed a new HD5000 tuner card in my Myth box running
Fedora 7.  This card is supposed to be capable of HDTV and SDTV, but I
cannot figure out how to make the SDTV work (3rd generation card).  I
had a DVico fusion card which I had to load a cx8800 driver for the
analog side to work, and I assume that I must load the proper analog
driver for the HD5000, which will create the /dev/video0 device (which
is not currently present).
    I have googled for hours and see that people have this working, but
I can't find any info on how to properly set up the analog part - HDTV
works fine.  I had a /dev/video0 with the DVico card, but not with the
HD5000.
    If anyone can point me to the right 'howto' page or give me some
insight on this, I would really appreciate it!!

Thanks for your help!
Steve