[mythtv-users] upnp and NetGear EVA8000

Mark Rafn dagon at dagon.net
Sat Nov 3 05:14:03 UTC 2007

I just picked up a NetGear EVA8000 - it looked like it has good HD
support, and seemed fairly standard network-wise.  It's not doing so well
with my mythtv setup (0.20.2), though.

I was pleased that the device found the server immediately, but it doesn't
seem to have the convenient display that a mythfrontend does (listed by
show title, then by recording date for episodes of a show).

More importantly, there are two things it does very wrong:
   1) it shows 4-6 copies of each episode in the list.  They're all
identical as far as I can see.
   2) none of the shows actually play.  I get an error message if I choose
any of them.

If I share my mythtv directory as a samba share, and point the device at
that, then it plays the videos, but it's not very easy to find shows that
way ...

Anyone else have this device?  Any hints what I might be doing wrong? Are
newer (svn) builds of mythtv better for upnp server support?  I'm willing
to go bleeding edge if needed, but don't want to unless it's likely to
help.

TIA
--
Mark Rafn    dagon at dagon.net    <http://www.dagon.net/>