[mythtv-users] seagate giving refunds out

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Nov 3 22:11:19 UTC 2007

griz_quattro wrote:

> Seagate has had a good run of drives for the past few years and
> I can not complain. Penalizing a manufacturer for the buyer's
> ignorance is nuts. It's as irresponsible as it is incredible.
> I won't apply for a refund, even though the receipts are in the file.
> Litigious States of America: where buffoonery is meagerly rewarded.

I think you will see from my other posts that I agree with you. My only
fear is that by not applying for a refund I will make it even more
profitable for the attorneys and thus encourage more of this nonsense.

A lot of us here have complained about the RIAA and their legal
shenanigans, but I think this is even more pernicious, because a lot of
people may see it as a "good thing".

beww