[mythtv-users] Removing commercials

Randall Hopper viznut at charter.net
Sun Nov 4 00:47:05 UTC 2007

Harry Devine:
 |I checked my mythbackend.log, and got the following:
 |          "sh: /usr/local/bin/removecommercials: /bin/sh^M: bad
 |interpreter: No such file or directory"
 |Any ideas?

Run this:

  od -x /usr/local/bin/removecommercials | grep 0d

If this finds any "0d" (carriage return characters), you edited this file
with a DOS/Windows text editor.  Run your favorite dos2unix tool on it, or
if you don't have one, this'll do:

  tr -d "\015" < /usr/local/bin/removecommercials > /tmp/junk
  mv /tmp/junk /usr/local/bin/removecommercials
  chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/removecommercials

Randall