[mythtv-users] mythplugins

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Sun Nov 4 06:28:38 UTC 2007

Erik Liin Dansbo schreef op 3-11-2007 21:35:
> Hi again.
>
> I am having trouble getting my mythtv to play VCD's I've googled alot
> and found out that I probably haven't configured mythdvd to play vcd's
>
> Well I should probably mention, that I am running mythtv-0.20 and I have
> followed Jarod Wilsons guide as good as I can.
>
> In essense this means that I installed mythtv using "yum install
> mythtv-suite"

Ehich probably means that you use fedora and enabled atrpms

> well back to the chase. I found out that I should run a command
> "./config --help" to see how to enable the features I want for my
> mythplugins.

If you installed mythtv via yum/rpm you don;t have the ./config, it's
only in the source. Do you have the DVD-menu?

> So I enter the mythplugin directory i.e.
> "/usr/share/docs/mythplugins-0.20" and just tried to run "./config
> --help" then I get ~no such file or directory.
>
> Then I check to see if I have something called configure in that
> directory and I don't.
>
> Is there some file I could edit in order to get mythdvd to play VCD's??

Try yum install mythtdvd and then configure mythtv to use mythtdvd to
play your dvd's. It's called the internal player.

> Please help
>
> Erik

Regards,

Jos Hoekstra