[mythtv-users] no channel lock
korgull at home.nl
Sun Nov 4 09:20:20 UTC 2007
On Saturday 03 November 2007, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Made a TS recording from the home frequency @home tells you, and
> analyzed the stream with dvbsnoop on the different NITs. The NIT-Other
> you need to have will tell you all the frequencies which are on your cable.
> When you scan, you subsequently have to repair the tables. even when you
> scan only one TS. This is because Myth takes the info from the
> NIT-Actual - which in @home is almost always wrong. When doing this
> scan, you have to delete the bogus TS that are added when you scan a TS,
> and check that the relation between the mplexid mentioned in the channel
> table is correct with the dtv_multiplex table.
The way I did find all channels :
create an initial scan file containing something like :
# freq sr fec mod
C 452000000 6875000 NONE QAM64
Than change only the frequency setting, creating a lot of files and scan using
these files. Eventually I found all channels this way and created one
channels.conf file from that and imported that in mythtv.
I can also use the scanning tool in mythtv by entering the same information as
in the initial scan file above.
After importing my mythtv I had to alter the dtv_multiplex table manually. I
took the channel table to find which mplexid was used and change the
according row in dtv_multiplex to correct settings.
Besides, some channels having no sound, I managed to get most channels working
More information about the mythtv-users