[mythtv-users] About to give up - Avermedia 771 -notsensitiveenough for UK DVB?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Nov 4 13:30:32 UTC 2007

Paul Broadwith wrote:

> There is actually only one transmitter in the area about 13 miles away
> from here. If only there were more than one I’d then be able to point my
> aerial at the better one!

Doesn't matter. You might be picking up signals from miles away. I'm 8 miles
from my nearest transmitter (Hannington, near Kingsclere, Hants.) But I can pick
up signals from Crystal Palace and Bexley, also. Must be 50-60 miles or so,
haven't attempted to work it out. It's a pig, because it shuffles around the
multiplexes and switches the channel ids and just generally complicates things.

Mike Perkins

PS And please stop top-posting!