[mythtv-users] Artifacts with SkyStar 2

Jonas Oberschweiber jonas at frozenbeetle.net
Sun Nov 4 18:14:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have got a problem with MythTV and a SkyStar 2 DVB-S card: Whenever
I watch TV, I get artifacts and lags (both video and audio) every few
seconds. The machine is a Athlon XP 3000+ with 1 GB of RAM, so it
should be powerful enough to handle a single DVB stream. In fact,
watching TV with Xine works just fine (using xine dvb://channel on the
command line). The harddrive used is connected via SATA and hdparm -Tt
/dev/sda results in speeds of about 250 mb/s read and 50-60 mb/s
write, so harddrive performance shouldn't be a problem, either.

I hope you can help me.

Regards

Jonas

PS: The motherboard is MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR, the SATA drive is
connected to the Onboard Promise SATA Raid Controller and is
configured as a 1+0 stripe (the default setup), the filesystem is
ext3.