[mythtv-users] MythDora install

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 18:27:30 UTC 2007

On Nov 4, 2007 5:02 AM, William Munson <william_munson at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Gary Jones wrote:
> > A couple of questions regarding a fresh install of MythDora 4.0.
> > First, after a lot of trouble getting the installation to run (bad
> > image? bad disk? not enough oomph in my PSU now that I upgraded some
> > hardware?), I am getting stuck on the screen where it asks if I want
> > to run as a complete frontend/backend, just frontend, etc. No matter
> > what I select, it just brings up this screen again, and I can't seem
> > to get around it to do a manual MythTV install either. I'd hate to
> > start over again on this process because of the problems my install
> > process has been giving me, so any ideas of what I can do instead
> > since I'm so close to being up and running?
> >
> > Second, once I get this installed, I know I can use the OS's
> > add/remove programs utility to install the SD-compliant version of
> > MythTV, but it doesn't upgrade the plugins. I assume there is a better
> > way to remove the older version of MythTV and install the new one and
> > the plugins, but as a MythTV-only linux user, I'm at a bit of a loss.
> > If someone could step me through that process, I'd really appreciate it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance. While the volume of this list is a bit much for me
> > to a be a regular reader, I have found it to be an invaluable resource
> > in the past.
> >
> > Gary Jones
> First comment, sounds like you have a bad image or disk. Second comment,
> sounds like you are not using the latest MythDora as that supports SD
> directly.
>
> I don't think it supports SD (Schedules Direct, not Standard Definition)
from the image.

You have to run yum to upgrade from MythTV 0.20.x to 0.20.2+.  I would
normally
run "yum upgrade all", but there have been a lot of messages on the list the
last few
weeks about people having problems.  I haven't opted to update anything
since I upgraded
to 0.20.2 in early September, so I can't say whether this is going to be an
issue for Gary.

HTH.

Craig.