[mythtv-users] No Audio On DVD Files Transcoded with nuvexport)

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sun Nov 4 19:09:53 UTC 2007

On 11/3/2007 9:29 AM Drew Tomlinson said the following:
> On 11/2/2007 8:52 AM Drew Tomlinson said the following:
>
>> I'm using Myth 0.20.2-fixes compiled from Gentoo's portage tree.  I'm
>> also using nuvexport from the same tree.  The version number in the
>> nuvexport file is "0.4 0.20061203.svn".  I have used this version of
>> nuvexport successfully in the past but not for a while.
>>
>> Now when using nuvexport and attempting to encode to DVD, there is no
>> audio in the resulting files.  I take all the defaults.  I've tried
>> recompiling ffmpeg but no joy.  Any ideas on what might be broken?
>>

> I've done some more digging on this problem.  I have Samba setup on my
> mythbackend and can map to the recordings drive with two separate
> Windows XP boxes.  I've tried opening the *.mpg files recorded by Myth
> with both VLC and PowerDVD.  There is no audio with either player on
> either box.  However I do get audio when using MythTV Player 0.50 for
> Windows on both boxes and other audio is fine on the Windows boxes.  As
> I recall, I used to be able to play these mpegs on Windows with these
> players.
>
> So nuvexport has nothing at all to do with the audio problems.  It seems
> I can no longer play MythTV recordings on Windows.  Has the audio
> encoding been changed?  What codec is used with recordings taken from a
> Hauppauge PVR 250?

OK, one of the Windows machines was jacked and a reboot fixed the audio
on the other.  Thus now I can play the original MythTV *.mpg recordings
on Windows.  However when transcoding with nuvexport-dvd (or any other
format0, I still get no audio.  VLC shows one audio track as a *.mpga
file and shows frames being decoded but no audio.  mplayer shows no
audio.  Any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!