[mythtv-users] Piece together a system from....

r jefferey rjefferey at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 21:11:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I would love to have a MythTV PVR that is pieced
together from stuff I have on hand but I am realistic.
I'll just need some help finding what I need to
complete the system. If anyone out there has time,
please look over my list and let me know if any of
this stuff is worth messing with. I'm digging around
but I am new at this and a little overwhelmed by all
of the info.

I have:

Small HP Pavilion case and power supply (need
motherboard) (atx)

AMD Athlon XP2400+ thoroughbred core (462pin socket A)
processor

Two 256MB DDR DIMM PC2700 266MHz memory sticks

Maxtor DiamonMax 10 300GB internal Hard Drive,
ATA-133/150MBps/7200rpm

I also have (in a tall case)

ADM Sempron 2800+ Socket A thoroughbred

Ultra DDR memory 256 Mb PC2700 333 Mhz

Radeon 7000 32MB DDR Rv6DE-NA2 AGP 2x/4x

Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

NEC DVD R/RW CD-R R/RW ND-3540A

I also have an old HP 8750C that could be sacrificed.
It has a Intel PIII 667MHz (Soc370) with 512mb memory.

Please let me know if I need to give more detail about
any of the above items and what would work to build a
working system. Thank you.