[mythtv-users] Jackd output: resampler not working

Matt Hirsch matthew.hirsch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 21:48:27 UTC 2007

I'm running Fedora 7, with mythtv-0.20.2-168.fc7 installed. I'd like
to use jackd as an audio output. So I set the Audio output device in
General Settings to "JACK:". Everything works fine if the jack server
is running at the same rate as the audio content. If they are running
at different rates, I get the following problem:

2007-11-04 16:16:24.821 AO, ERROR: Error occured while resampling
audio: Input and output data arrays overlap.

This message is repeated over and over again.  The audio sounds
terrible as well. You can hear the buffer getting filled, replayed at
the wrong rate, and then getting emptied before more data is
available.  (Also, the spelling is wrong in the error message: occured
-> occurred).

I've been using mythtv since around 2004, and have updated regularly.
As far as I can tell this has always been the case.

As a workaround I'd programmed a button on my remote to restart the
jack server at various sample rates, but this has got to end! I guess
if I don't complain it won't get fixed :)

I'm not sure if this should be posted here or on the developer list.
Please feel free to repost it, or if I don't get any response here in
a couple of days I'll move it myself.

Thanks for any help!

Matt