[mythtv-users] "kernel: cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!"

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Nov 4 23:38:29 UTC 2007

Ma Begaj wrote:
> An OT proposition: What about adding a more but simple information in
> the log window?
> Maybe something like this:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Image:ImportTime.jpg
>
> User could switch between detailed log viewer and this (default) shiny view.
>
> I am asking this, because my gf asked me "what is this... how long
> will the recording take ... etc". when she saw the log viewer. And I
> think that was a pretty logical question, because I would actually
> look in the log only if the recording was not successful.
>
> M.

It's a nice idea but not so easy to implement in practice because all
the work is actually done with a python script that's separate from the
frontend. The script calls several other tool like ffmpeg,
mythtranscode, mplex, mythreplex, dvdauthor etc to do the actual
processing. It would be vary difficult to calculate any sort of
meaningful progress that could be shown in a dialog like the DVD rip
import one.

Paul H.