[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for USA (NTSC) TV.

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Nov 5 05:57:57 UTC 2007

Perhaps Im missing something.
But when I set up a xorg.conf for a Monitor I work with the info that
the monitor is capable of syncing to various Horizontal and Vertical
Frequencies, and as long as I stay within its capabilities what I
put down isnt going to destroy it.  BUT putting things in xorg.conf
that are outside the monitors capabilities could damage it.

I see a consumer TV as being a very dumb device, that is setup
for only one set of Horiz/Vertical Frequencies, and I have a fear
that if I dont put the right things in xorg.conf I could damage it.

Is this correct?

If so (even if its not so) what should my xorg.conf look like in
terms of Load/Options and Monitor/Screen sections (a full
xorg.conf would be nice) for a STANDARD CONSUMER TV.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com