[mythtv-users] Feature request: upcoming recordings disk usage

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Mon Nov 5 16:28:51 UTC 2007

On Monday 05 November 2007 07:22, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On 11/4/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
> > I'd like this feature too. I have finite space (not big enough for my
> > happy schedule-finger), and it's sports season, with each game being 3-4
> > hours of recording. I'd like to see that I'll run out of space and start
> > auto-expiring by, say, next Thursday so I'd better watch the
> > non-transient stuff or sacrifice it, or change my recording schedule. I
> > can't trust auto-expire because lots of my space is via a samba share
> > (for older things I haven't watched yet) and Myth will happily delete
> > everything over there first and not see any space freed until it starts
> > deleting on the local disk.
>
> If you don't want the things on your samba share to be expired, why do
> you have them set to auto-expire?  Myth will only expire what you tell
> it to using the priority system you choose.
>
> Kevin

Laziness mostly. When I see I'm running low on space on my Myth box I use the
myth_archive script to move them over to the share and make softlinks, and I
don't go back and remove the default auto-expire. I realy should get a bigger
disk on the Myth box but it all works so well right now I don't want to
disturb it. I should figure out how to unset the auto-expire and add it to
the script so it happens to anything that gets moved over to the share.