[mythtv-users] Building MythTV RPMs from SVN for MythDora

Brian Guilfoos mythtv at guilfoos.com
Mon Nov 5 19:21:15 UTC 2007

I've been running SVN via the ATrpms SVN packages, but since I want to
start adding patches to SVN for features I want, I need to start running
HEAD.  Since I have multiple machines in my system, I'd like to build on
my master backend, package up RPMs, and then just install from the RPMs
on my other machines.

I'm referencing the Wiki articles:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Building_RPMS_from_SubVersion

While I can build mythtv from source successfully manually (I haven't
tried mythplugins, since I don't have a clear upgrade path for all
machines yet), I've NOT been able to use the mythtv-svn-rpmbuild.spec
successfully on MythDora 4.  Specifically, I get failed build
dependencies that I can't resolve.

[mythtv at wholehouse src]$ rpmbuild -ba mythtv-svn-rpmbuild.spec
error: Failed build dependencies:
        libavc1394-devel is needed by mythtv-0.21-0.14799.svn.i386
        libiec61883-devel >= 0.1.0svn49 is needed by
mythtv-0.21-0.14799.svn.i386
        libraw1394-devel >= 1.2 is needed by mythtv-0.21-0.14799.svn.i386
        lirc-devel is needed by mythtv-0.21-0.14799.svn.i386
        xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel is needed by mythtv-0.21-0.14799.svn.i386

When I try to use yum to install the missing packages, I'm getting this
error:

(1/2): libraw1394-devel-1 100% |=========================| 3.7 kB
00:00
http://dl.atrpms.net/fc6-i386/redhat/release/Fedora/RPMS/libraw1394-devel-1.2.1-1.fc6.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.

I get it for libavc1394-devel as well.  It's never gotten to the point
where it'll even try to download libiec61883-devel.  Additionally,
lirc-devel only exists for 0.8.1-1.fc6, not 0.8.3-71_cvs20071104.fc6
(what I have installed - and can't figure out how to roll back from with
yum), and smart can't find lirc-devel at all.  Yum and smart both can't
find xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-devel.

While I suppose I could turn off FireWire support to work around part of
the problem, I'd rather just fix it.

Anybody have any pointers on how to resolve these issues?  I'm itching
to get started hacking the source, and this is just holding me up...