[mythtv-users] OT: What does Fedora 8 really have to offer?

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 19:29:45 UTC 2007

FWIW, I run CentOS5 on my backend and one of my three frontends, the
others running minimyth (a EPIA M10000 box) and Fedora 7 (actually my
desktop machine, which I like to run fairly bleeding edge for no
particularly good reason other than to see what's new).

I have WinTV PVR500-T cards in the backend and nvidia cards in the
non-minimyth frontends and aside from installing the latest nvidia
drivers and DVB drivers which is probably required whatever the
distribution when you have fairly new tuner cards, CentOS5 "just works".
Oh, I pull in the centosplus kernel and jfsutils, too, to get me JFS
support for the recordings filesystems, but I used to use ext3 and the
stock kernel without any trouble.

James