[mythtv-users] Lost programs?

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 23:25:32 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Nov 4, 2007, at 4:01 PM, Damian wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that, but it seems to be showing all programs and still not
>> there. Is there any way I could have deleted a whole load of eppisodes
>> of the same program by mistake??
>
> Not unless you add them all to a playlist and delete the entire
> playlist.
>
>> Very strange.
>>
>> Any other possibilities?
>
> Check directly on your disk to see if the programs are there at all.
> mythrename.pl --link will help by making symlinks with human-readable
> names to all the programs on your drive.

I'm sure I'm being stupid, but where can I get mythrename from and how
can I use it?

I found a file called mythrename.pl and saved it to my destop, but running:

mythrename.pl --help

just said file not found (or some such error). Not sure if I've got the
right thing and scared of messing things up more.

I believe:

mythrename.pl --link /home/damian/links

is what I should run when I have the right file, but the contents of
mythrename.pl that I have doesn't seem to mention the links option at all.

Damian