[mythtv-users] OT: What does Fedora 8 really have to offer?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 00:01:55 UTC 2007

On 11/5/07, Jeff Coffler <jeff-list-mythusers at taltos.com> wrote:

> I was running FC6.  I never upgraded to FC7 because of the firewire
> issue (the Kernel firewire drivers aren't compatible with the firewire
> utilities, causing problems).

FYI, Axel has kindly built ieee1394 kernel modules for FC7 so that
firewire does work.  You need to do a little extra work to create a
blacklist, but the instructions are in this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/283304?nohighlight=1#283304

Nevertheless, if I were starting a new system now, I would consider
going centOS for the reasons of longer non-upgrade times.  When I do
upgrade FC versions, i wind up needing to to dl the installer, pulling
my mythtbox out of the entertainment cabinet and plugging it in my
computer monitor.  Updates over ssh always leave me with something
wrong.