[mythtv-users] Hard crashes of mythtv backends

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Nov 6 03:12:02 UTC 2007

Michael Rice wrote:
> Anyone running xfs or jfs and ivtv that doesn't experience these
> crashes?  Or anyone running xfs or jfs and crashing without ivtv
> cards?

I'm running jfs for my data partition (/ is ext3), no ivtv (3 different DVB-T
cards), and I get random backend crashes, probably about once a week on
average, though sometimes multiple times within a few hours.  This is on an
Athlon 64 single core CPU, NForce3 chipset.

Does anyone who gets these sort of random backend crashes *not* use transcoding
or commflagging?  When I was trying to track down this problem at one point I
noticed a correlation between crashes and the completion of a transcode or
commflag job, but I don't have enough disk space to disable all jobs for a few
weeks to see if that solves the problem.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you