[mythtv-users] Hard crashes of mythtv backends

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Nov 6 04:07:33 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/05/2007 01:53 PM, Michael Rice wrote:
>> One nagging problem that persists is hard crashes of the
>> backend every so often.

> I was having similar issues with my master backend...  It was purely
> hardware--and I knew it from the start, but that didn't stop me from
> living with it for almost exactly a year.

How did you deduce it was a hardware problem, Mike, and how did you pin it down
to the motherboard?  Intermittent bugs are a PITA to track down; ones that
surface only once a week, even moreso.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you