[mythtv-users] Adjusting the brightness for 1 tuner card

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Tue Nov 6 05:46:42 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, 4. November 2007 12:22:20 schrieb Andy Rabin:
> Hi,
>
> I have a two tuner setup.  It was two PVR-250's, but recently one of
> the cards died on me (and the other doesn't seem far behind.)  I
> replaced the dying 250 with a 150, but now everything I record on the
> 150 is much darker than the 250.  Is there a way to increase the
> brightness for just the one card, without affecting the other card?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

I had the same problem and came up with two mini-scripts to adjust the
picture when changing channels.

ivtvtune0:
 (has to be entered in mythtvsetup as the "External channel change command"
for the input source)
#! /bin/bash
ivtv-tune -d /dev/video0 -c $1
/usr/local/bin/ivtv-picture 0 "brightness=130,contrast=62,saturation=54" &
exit 0

ivtv-picture:
#! /bin/bash
sleep 2
v4l2-ctl -d $1 -c "$2"
exit 0

You will have to adjust the first script to the device you are actually
using.

I couldn't pack everything in just one script because MythTV seems to reset
the picture adjustments *after* the channel-changing-script exits. So I let
the second script wait a little and then make the picture adjustments I
want.

--
Gruß
Andreas