[mythtv-users] mythtv frontend for HDTV hardware requirements

Milos Prudek prudek at bvx.cz
Tue Nov 6 11:08:32 UTC 2007

> The video chipsets will do up to 2048x1500 or so *out the video port*.

I would want to use DVI output 2560x1600 for a 30" display which requires
dual-link DVI - and no VIA Mini-ITX has dual-link DVI I believe. Some
compromise will be required. Either a 24" display with 1920x1200 resolution
or a more poweful PC than VIA Mini-ITX...

I understand that 2560x1600 is not needed for HDTV. This is for a general
purpose PC where HDTV is just one of many tasks it fullfills.

--
Milos Prudek