[mythtv-users] Soundcard does not work anymore after updating

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 15:22:52 UTC 2007

2007/11/6, Larry W <larry104 at pacbell.net>:
> How can kernel and modules be not the same version? I did a
> yum -y update  --enablerepo=atrpms --enablerepo=dag
> yum -y install alsa-kmdl-$KVER alsa
> yum -y install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER ivtv
> (following Jarod's guide) - Did I forget something?
>
> Since I never compiled the modules could you send me a pointer how to do
> that?

Hmmm... I have no idea how yum works, but you have to update modules
and kernel.  I am using Slackware and that is totally different story.

> yum -y update  --enablerepo=atrpms --enablerepo=dag
this updates repository data?

> yum -y install alsa-kmdl-$KVER alsa
> yum -y install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER ivtv
this updates alsa and ivtv modules?

If yum is intelligent enough like apt-get, it should upgrade your
kernel also. But according to your alsa error messages, it didn't do
it. You have to upgrade you kernel image if you didn't. If you did
already, reinstall alsa, ivtv and kernel image.

I do not know how to do it with yum, but it is probably something like that:
yum -y install kernel-$KVER

check the centos homepage for kernel upgrade. I can only tell you how
to do it manually without yum by compiling kernel and all the modules.

M.