[mythtv-users] Lost programs?

peter abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Tue Nov 6 16:26:36 UTC 2007

----- "David Watkins" <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I found a file called mythrename.pl and saved it to my destop, but
> running:
> >
> > mythrename.pl --help
> >

> Unlike windows, linux does not consider the current directory to be
> in the execution path.
>
> Try
>
> ./mythrename.pl --help

actually this may or may not work depending on whether you are in the desktop directory.  before you try this, make sure you have cd'ed into the desktop directory.  alternatively, you could just use the full path, something like:

/home/user/Desktop/mythrename.pl --help

that may not be correct for your particular system though.  that would work for a fedora system after you replaced "user" with your username.

-peter