[mythtv-users] Comcast Fall attack

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Nov 6 17:38:55 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Brett Kosinski wrote:

>> Now, Ive got an analog tuner (pvr150) and Ill probably be switching
>> soon. We are kinda limited here in Indiana. Wondering what my options
>> are?
>
> Get a digital settop box and drive it with an IR blaster (they cost
> ~$20 from irblaster.info).  I'm using that set up on my system and it
> works like a charm, and gives me full access to my entire channel
> lineup.  Never missed a tune, either.

If you're lucky you might get a set-top box with a serial port, so
you can skip the IR blaster.  I have one from Comcast and channel
changes are very reliable -- I have yet to see one miss.  Only
problem I've had is the audio level from the box is kind of low.  I
compensated by lowering the audio on my analog tuner to match.