[mythtv-users] Fwd: Duplicate matching doesn't seem to work

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:42:29 UTC 2007

> Ahhh, I see, I *did* misunderstand, my apologies!  Yes, that scenario
> is a) kinda weird (having no subtitle, but accurate descriptions is...
> strange), and b) sounds like something that should at least be
> configurable, though I would agree with you that it's more likely a
> bug.
>
> In the mean time, is there a reason doing duplicate detection on just
> description isn't sufficient?  In your original post, you suggested
> that Myth detected the duplicate and only recorded the one instance.
> Is that not the behaviour you're looking for?

No need to apologise, I didn't think I was being very clear!!

It seems to be quite common on my guide data, I'm using the OTA data
broadcast on DVB in the UK.

Changing to check on description duplicate matching does work ok and
there is no reason for me not to use that other than I have to
remember to do that!!  I can't find anyway of changing that to be the
default option, even though I was convinced I had seen it.

Anyone suggest the best way to suggest that this be a new feature/bug
fix? I might even be adventurous and try and have a look at fixing it
myself though that may take me sometime!!

Cheers
Stephen.