[mythtv-users] Comcast Fall attack

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 19:08:54 UTC 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 12:57 PM,  <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
<snip/>
>     Has anyone who's a cablemodem subscriber but not a cable
> subscriber tried to see what else is going on on that coax cable?
> I wonder if the local channels are available in the clear either
> in SD or HD if you're not a cable subscriber.

for quite a while i only had Comcast Internet service and was able to
tune all of their analogue broadcasts.  they did find a way to stop
that though, so ymmv.
i switched to Wide Open West since it was available and have them for
Internet and Basic Cable service.  when i first attempted to hook my
HDHomerun up to my MythBox it was able to scan all their digital
channels even though i don't have their digital service.  i don't know
if it will actually record that service as i haven't gotten it
configured yet...