[mythtv-users] MythTV Hauppauge PVR-150 Recordings fromComposite are destorted

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 22:26:53 UTC 2007

> I ended up putting the following in my channel
changing > script:

> sleep 3
>
> /usr/local/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-audio-input 1 -d
/dev/video1  >/dev/null

> This is for S-Video, you may need to change the
video
> device for composite

I did the same thing recently for my PVR-500 (channel
change script).  I have found that the following has
worked reliably for me to avoid the "tinny" audio.
Granted I have only had this fix in place by one day
so I don't swear by it, but here is what I did.

v4l2-ctl --set-audio-input 2 -d 1
directv.pl port /dev/ttyS0 $0
v4l2-ctl --set-audio-input 1 -d 1

Note the above assumes your card is /dev/video1 and
your serial port is ttyS0 and you're using DirecTV,
but you get the picture.

Or in other words, set the audio to an invalid input,
then change the channel on the set top box, and then
set the audio back to the valid input.

Put those 3 commands in a shell script (or perl script
if you are so inclined) and use said shell script as
your channel changer.