[mythtv-users] Any way to automate handling delayed programs?

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:18:57 UTC 2007

On 11/6/07, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/07, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Now that football season is upon us here in the U.S., shows following
> > games are frequently delayed due to games overruning their scheduled
> > time slot.  (No surprise there.)
> >
> > However, regularly scheduled programs following the end of the game
> > are typically shown in their entirety with a delayed schedule.  This can
> > occur when other kinds of major events delay the regular schedule, too.
> >
> > Has any way been developed to automate accounting for the delay in
> > MythTV to adjust the recording times of these delayed programs?
>
> There is MRE (myth recording extender) that is used to extend live
> sports.  It monitors web pages for the exact time a game ends and
> extends the recording until it is over.  It would probably be fairly
> easy to modify that to also extend adjacent programs.  Or to just
> extend programs after the sports event instead of the sports event
> itself.

I wondered how people handled recording sporting events last week when my
recorded football game ended midway through the fourth quarter.  Does MRE
work with 0.20.2?  The download on sourceforge is from a year ago. That
reminds me that I still don't know who won.

I know I could try it out, but I don't want to risk damaging the WAF by
hosing up Myth in an attempt to record something she has no interest in
anyway.