[mythtv-users] mythtv 18.1 -> 20.2 upgrade

Maaltan Naatlam maaltan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 00:58:05 UTC 2007

An update.  i think the issue that is causing the hard freezes is either
running out of disk space.   I had a similar issue with the ringbuffer in
18.1 when i set it too big.  It may also be trying to delete the same file
twice.  the only clue i have found is the following log

2007-11-07 02:12:43.228 Expiring Unknown from Wed Nov 7 01:30:00 2007, 1114
MBytes, free space is too low (have 3042 MBytes free , but want 3186 MBytes)
2007-11-07 02:12:43.306 autoexpire: Expiring Program: Expiring Unknown from
Wed Nov 7 01:30:00 2007, 1114 MBytes, free space is too low (have 3042
MBytes free , but want 3186 MBytes)

Is there any way use the ringbuffer method in 20.2?   i dont think the ext3
file system is fast enough on my system to delete files to keep the new live
tv approach happy.

Also, mythfilldatabase does not seem to populate today's data.  just 6-12+
hours to 14 days or so in the future.. therefore i never have data i can
use.