[mythtv-users] Lost programs?

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 12:20:52 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:34 PM, Damian wrote:
>
>> I finally got mythrename.pl working (thanks to everyone's help! I
>> found
>> it compressed somewhere slightly different to expected in my Mythbuntu
>> instillation).
>>
>> Unfortunately though, running the link option confirms that MythTV is
>> already showing me everything that's there. I can not find one single
>> episode of Pocoyo! Maybe a 15 or so episodes to 0 episodes over
>> night. I
>> can not imagine how this happened.
>>
>> I'm not going to loose any sleep over the lost programs as I can get
>> lots more, but I've certainly lost a bit of confidence in my system.
>>
>> Damian
>
> If they're in fact gone off disk, then they either auto-expired or
> were deleted. If you keep logs, check them for what happened.
> Something like:
> grep "Pocoyo" /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
>
> If you keep logs in your database; then use the mysql client like this:
>
> mysql -umythtv -p
> <enter your password>
> mysql> use mythconverg;
> mysql> select  * from mythlog where details like '%Pocoyo%';
> mysql> exit
>

> You should see something in your logs that will tell you if they were
> expired or deleted.

I ran grep "Pocoyo" /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log last night but all I
could see there were the recent episodes that have been recorded in the
last couple of days. I guess my log wasn't bit enough to see past then.

Guess I'll never fine out what happened.

Oh yea, I didn't do the mysql check because I'm a big scary cat when it
comes to mysql. All of my initial problems with Myth were Mysql related
and I had souch a nightmare that I now daren't even look at the thing
:-) I'd rather not know than risk messing with that.

As ever, thanks for the help everyone!

Damian