[mythtv-users] Mythtv on FC6 -> Fedora7 Upgrade

Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de
Thu Nov 8 12:55:37 UTC 2007

Shanon Mulley wrote:

> Well, I have 6:3.5.7-1.fc6 installed, and it is telling me that
> 6:3.5.6-12.fc7 is available. Which seems to be the wrong version (from
> what you are telling me). This is from the release repository, which I
> have set up the baseurl as:
> http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Fedora/i386/os/

This is the repository containing the base Fedora 7 packages, everything
which is on the DVD.

If you want the Fedora Extras packages as well change this to:
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/

Then you need another repository set up for the updates:

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo

with these settings:

[updates]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

Here you will find the latest versions of the packages in the "base" and
"everything" repo, e.g.
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/updates/7/i386/kdebase-3.5.7-13.1.fc7.i386.rpm