[mythtv-users] missplaced error message?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Nov 8 14:50:35 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Josh White wrote:

> All,
>
>   I've been running my mythtv setup for about a month now, and I am
> quite happy with it.  There are occasional problems, but that is to
> be expected with such a complex system and an inexperienced
> administrator.  My question right now concerns the quoted text below:
>
> "Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2007-11-07 18:33 and ended on
> 2007-11-07 18:33. mythfilldatabase ran, but did not insert any new
> data into the Guide for 1 of 1 sources. This can indicate a
> potential grabber failure."

This could mean that you've set your system up to run mythfilldatabase
twice a day instead of once a day. The first one would work correctly
and the second would find no new data and report this message. If you
set up a cron job to run mythfilldatabase AND have the backend set to
automatically run it, that's what is happening.

> Since my system has been up and running, I have seen that message on
> my /mythweb/status page.  Despite seeing this message, everything
> one would expect to happen when mythfilldatabase runs happens, as in
> I always seem to have current listing data and the list seems
> complete. I wasn't concerned with this message at all until last
> night when I noticed a discrepancy between my frontend machines list
> of recorded programs and my backend/frontends list.  For some
> reason, a show I recorded Monday night fails to display on my remote
> frontend system, but I see it listed on my backend server and I am
> able to watch it.  I'm not sure if the problems are connected, but
> it does seem to indicate a potential database problem.
>
> So are these problems related?  If not, any clues as to what would
> solve one or both of the problems? Please let me know if any further
> details would be helpful.

Make sure you are using the same Group Filters on the frontend and
backend/frontend systems.