[mythtv-users] Fwd: myth2ipod/nuvexport

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:15:43 UTC 2007

Possibly should have included this with my last email:

mythtv at ubuntu:~$ ffmpeg --version
ffmpeg version CVS, build 3276800, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
  configuration:  --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-pthreads
--enable-libogg --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-dc1394
--enable-libgsm --disable-debug --enable-mp3lame --enable-faad
--enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-x264
  built on Nov  8 2007 10:31:59, gcc: 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)

nuvexport version:  0.4 0.20070804.svn

MP4Box - GPAC version 0.4.0

Thanks

Stephen.

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone is having any success with exporting video to an
ipod, specifically in this case one of the nanos that can do video if
that's relevant.

I have a setup working using the myth2ipod script which calls
nuvexport for you.  It successfully transcodes the file which I can
play with quicktime or on the ipod so thats all good.

However the quality isn't great, specifically there is a effect that
looks to be something to do with the compression.  It is most
pronounced in a scene where there is very little change it gets
progressivly worse and the corrects itself, which leads to a jerky
effect.  If you want to have a look here is a sample output file.

http://81.174.135.24/ipodfeed/1001_20071108163000.ipod.mp4

I don't really know enough about video to know what options if any
there are to fiddle with so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen