[mythtv-users] Upgrading backend, need recommendations

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:04:33 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 11:57 AM, gibble <gibble at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have RRD running and creating graphs so you can see where the slow
> down is?
>
> If the delay is when you go to the watch recordings screen, could it not be
> the network?  Or the front end that's causing the delay rather than the
> backend?

Good call on rrd tool.  I'm installing it and cacti now to graph
everything out.

But I don't believe the problem is with the frontends, because two
different frontends are showing the same issue.  I've noticed when
trying to bring up the watch programs screen, the load is high and
vmstat shows lots of io activity.