[mythtv-users] SD - 401 Unauthorized - Program Guide Data "Unknown"

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Nov 8 18:07:34 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 9:42 AM, dvjunk at netscape.net wrote:

> I just created a new SD account last Sat. When I retreive lineups
> in the Myth Backend, it shows my lineups (locals for my zip), so I
> think I have the correct username and password. (I have logged onto
> SD and changed my lineups, but that doesn't help.) I still get "401
> Unauthorized" errors.

That's normal.  The way HTTP authentication works is the client tries
first with no authentication, gets a 401 error, then tries again with
its credentials.  So you're seeing a 401 followed by a successful
download.

This is your real problem:

> 2007-11-07 20:01:31.374 Updating source #1 (Schedules Direct
> dvjohnsonsd) with grabber schedulesdirect1
> 2007-11-07 20:01:31.381 No channels are configured to use grabber.
>

> 2007-11-07 20:01:42.167 DataDirect, Warning: Not inserting channels
> into disconnected source 1.

Go into mythtv-setup and make sure you've defined your input
connections.  The input connections are what tell Myth which listings
sources go with which capture card inputs.