[mythtv-users] [Fwd: Re: Mythwelcome and ACPI wake up]

fb517255 at skynet.be fb517255 at skynet.be
Thu Nov 8 20:32:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 18:18 +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> fb517255 at skynet.be wrote:
> > Gents,
> >

> > It's already a long time that I am trying to make a nice mythtv box.
> > Almost everything works correctly except the mythwelcome part.
> >
> > What's happening? When mythtv does a shutdown it writes
> > to /roc/acpi/alarm and my pc wakes up correctly on the desired time.In
> > the start-up of the user I have made mythwelcome start automatically.
> > The strange this is that I don't have the mythwelcome screen but only
> > the mythfrontend which blocks the pc to do a shutdown after the
> > recording. What's going wrong?
> >
> > Can somebody point me in the right direction please.
> >

> > command used for start-up (added in .gnomerc)
> > sleep 10 && mythfrontend -v all > /tmp/mythfrontend.log 2>&1&
> > (log to big to be attached but I don't see anything special i it.)
> >

> You should be starting mythwelcome here or is this a typo? mythwelcome
> will start mythfrontend for you if there are no recordings taking place.

the worst thing is that it isn't a typo, I changed the start-up script
to mythwelcome.

Retested and after an auto start-up I have my gnome session but no
mythwelcome on my screen. The log of mythwelcome is created so it has
started.

in the back-end log I found this line
2007-11-08 21:06:05.394 Recording starts soon, AUTO-Startup assumed

I don't understand.

PS: thanks to everybody for the fast reply.