[mythtv-users] Upgrading backend, need recommendations

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 22:26:22 UTC 2007

> > > If the delay is when you go to the watch recordings screen, could it not be
> > > the network?  Or the front end that's causing the delay rather than the
> > > backend?

The load on the frontend seems good.  On the backend though, looks
like I have some io wait.  Here's a snippet from iostat, looks like my
second drive (the one for recordings) is being hit constantly.
Running iostat 1, the blk read/wrtn is pretty close to the same
figures constantly.   I'm willing to bet by biggest slow down is this
ide drive.

avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait  %steal   %idle
           0.00    0.00   20.20   19.19    0.00   60.61

Device:            tps   Blk_read/s   Blk_wrtn/s   Blk_read   Blk_wrtn
hda               0.00         0.00         0.00          0          0
hdc              51.52      8727.27      2294.95       8640       2272