[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Remote MythTV, Cable and Broadband in Canada

Alex Harford harford at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:34:30 UTC 2007

On 11/9/07, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Where I'm falling down though, is gathering information about
> available cable companies in the area, so; A) We can contact one and
> get them to hook us up, and B) we know what channels will be available
> whether it be through digital or analogue.

Steve, I can't speak specifically about the Quebec situation since I'm
in BC, but I believe the two big ones back east are Cogeco and Rogers.
 They're most likely analog.  Although digital service is offered,
it's expensive, and you can't get the raw MPEG from the boxes.

http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all?cat=66