[mythtv-users] OT: New Motherboard PCI Slots

PK urbnsr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 17:50:42 UTC 2007

Hello,

  I am looking to rebuild one of my MythTV boxes with a newer mainstream AMD based system (AM2). As I look at the ATX motherboards on Newegg's site (and TigerDirect), the number of PCI slots seem to default to 2-3 slots. There are a few 4 slot boards and no 5 slot-ers. I realise PCI-e slots need their room, but I like to space out my Hauppauge PVR-xxx tuners for air circulation. Am I looking in the wrong places, or should I be looking for something else?

  What is everyone else doing?

Thanks -

PK.