[mythtv-users] Problem with watching one channel while recording other. Dual tuners

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:55:14 UTC 2007

On 11/9/07, Martin Amberg <martin.amberg at linewise.se> wrote:
> I can't see that it could be a performance issue with my hardware so I guess
> that I probably have a faulty setup or something wrong with some hardware.
> According to the fairly even intervals of the error and the events written
> in the frontend log I would guess on perhaps some kind of memory buffer
> trouble?
> I have noticed that all my memory seem to be drained by something, leaving
> about 50 megs of a total of 2000 free. Don't know if this is normal
> behavious on a fe/be system.

Check your xorg.conf.  Do you have all the extensions loaded:

Section "Module"
   Load           "dbe"
   Load           "extmod"
   Load           "fbdevhw"
   Load           "glx"
   Load           "record"
   Load           "freetype"
   Load           "type1"
EndSection

For whatever reason sometimes these are missing and Xorg eats
resources like crazy.