[mythtv-users] Mythtv on FC6 -> Fedora7 Upgrade

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Nov 10 11:55:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 06:37:59PM -0500, George Galt wrote:
> Anyone been able to find a good guide for getting mythtv running on
> CentOS?  I'm OK with updating on Fedora, but I built a system for my
> dad and upgrading it via SSH from 500 miles away every 6 months is a
> little much (for both him and me).  I'd like to put him on CentOS, but
> I understand there are a lot of kernel issues -- mostly with the
> capture card drivers.

Actually the experience I had was the opposite. Since the kernel is
frozen feature-wise in the capture card area the kmdls are invariantly
working well on RHEL5/CentOS5. In contrast every kernel bump on Fedora
causes capture card issues.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net