[mythtv-users] Problem with new second FE system

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:36:48 UTC 2007

Just installed MythDora 4 on a system I'm trying to use as another FE, but...

I seem to be having trouble.  It will do everything except display
videos.  If I try to view a recording, I get a blank screen and the
frontend log (I ran it in a terminal window) shows messages
about "Taking too long to be allowed to read.." and
"Waited too long for ringbuffer pause.."

All the messages reference the correct BE IP and port and the
file name of the recording's .mpg file looks correct, so I'm stumped.
The other FE works, so I don't think it's some kind of permissions
issue, but I've been wrong before...

Please advise.

Craig.