[mythtv-users] How to play music/videos (mythvideo/mythmusic) on remote mythfrontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 11 06:14:56 UTC 2007

On 11/10/2007 05:54 PM, Chris Isip wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2007 5:40 PM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I could of course share the video directory with nfs/samba in the
>> network, but I was convinced that mythtv can stream the videos and
>> music to a remote mythfrontend like streaming recordings.

The /frontend/ plugins need to have access to the recording files, so
your frontend must be able to find them on the local filesystem.  (And,
there's no such thing as a backend plugin in Myth.)

>>  I know that
>> MythStream exists (I never tried it),

MythStream - plugin to play Internet radio/video stream
MythStreamTV - code to play recordings (and TTBOMK, doesn't work with
MythMusic/MythVideo content) over the Internet

>>  but I thought that MythTv can do
>> it with its "official" plugins.
> I could do this only by exporting the music and video directory via nfs.

Because that's the only way to do it.  :)

Mike