[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome and ACPI wake up

fb517255 at skynet.be fb517255 at skynet.be
Sun Nov 11 16:31:32 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 14:33 +0000, Paul Mason wrote:

> On 09/11/2007, fb517255 at skynet.be <fb517255 at skynet.be> wrote:
>         On top of that, now that I start mythwelcome automatically I
>         don't have
>         any mythtv screen anymore on my desktop after an auto-startup.
>         No
>         mythwelcome or mythfrontend. The mythwelcome log is created so
>         I suppose
>         it started.
>         The recording is taking place and pc shuts down after the
>         recording but
>         only the gnome desktop is seen. I checked with ps -ef and
>         didn't find
>         mythwelcome neither.
>

> Presumably what's happening is that mythwelcome starts, or tries to
> start, but fails for some reason.
>
> Write a small script to start mythwelcome and output everything to a
> log. Instead of putting mythwelcome in your gnomerc, put the script.
> Then you should see why it's failing to start.

Ok as requested;

I changed .gnomerc to
/home/mythtv/start.sh > /tmp/start.log 2>&1 &

In start.log I found
mythtv: unexpected token in line /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc:596
mythtv: unexpected token in line /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc:596
I removed the line 596 but I don't suspect this being the problem of
mythwelcome

and start.sh has the following;
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/mythwelcome -v all > /tmp/mythwelcome.log

Now that I use the full path to launch mythwelcome I have mythwelcome
and mythfrontend on my screen. At least I have something on my screen
now ;)

Now why did mythwelcome launch the front-end as it was an auto start-up?
Can I check this somewhere?

Greetings

Matthews