[mythtv-users] How to play music/videos (mythvideo/mythmusic) on remote mythfrontend

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:17:11 UTC 2007

> It goes back to the very early days of Myth development. The playback of
> tv and videos were handled by different programs (written by different
> people) and it would take a rather large rewrite of myth code to change
> it today so this is how it is.  It is not at all hard to map the
> appropriate directory via NFS at which time your issue goes away.

I understand and thanks for the explanation. It is not a big deal, as
I already shared it via samba.

Videos and music are at first sight frontend based, because they can
only be managed through frontend plugins. But, they are actually not
frontend/host based, because every frontend can  see/delete videos
from the other frontend. It is somehow not consistent, but the reason
is probably laying in "very early days of Myth development".

M.