[mythtv-users] Mythwelcome and ACPI wake up

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:44:57 UTC 2007

2007/11/11, fb517255 at skynet.be <fb517255 at skynet.be>:

> On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 18:21 +0100, Ma Begaj wrote:
> > Mythwelcome tries to recognize whether your box was auto-started or
> > started by an user. If a recording begins in a few minutes,
> > mythwelcome thinks that your box is automatically started. If there no
> > recordings (or other jobs?)  starting soon (10-15 minutes),
> > mythwelcome believes that you turned on the box and it also runs
> > mythfrontend. if you quit mythfrontend, you will comeback to
> > mythwelcome.
> >
> > M.
> >
> indeed but even with a recording withing 15 minutes and AUTO start-up
> assumed in the back-end log it still launches the front-end.

Well, I was just guessing. There are maybe some additional criteria. I
was also not sure, but I solved it other way.

I wrote a script which is waiting for xscreensaver to get activated.
At the moment when the xscreensaver gets activated, this scripts kills
mythfrontend and the focus is going back to mythwelcome. When the all
the jobs are done in the background, mythwelcome sets the time wakeup
time and shuts down mythbox.

M.